1. It is a condition of Membership that Members agree to pay the fees referred to hereafter and agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions may be revoked, altered or added to from time to time by the Company, without prior notification to Members. The current version of the Terms and Conditions will be displayed on the Clinic website.
2. All monthly Membership plans must be paid by Direct Debit and a Direct Debit mandate must be completed before Membership of the Clinic can be accepted.
3. Medical, Dental and Combined Membership payments shall be made monthly in advance by Direct Debit or annually in advance by debit/credit card. Direct Debit payments will be taken on the 15th day of the month.
4. Membership shall commence on receipt of completed and signed forms by The Smart Clinics. Membership will always run for an initial period of 12 months. After the initial period, cancellation will require 30 days written notice to The Smart Clinics other than if a Member wishes to upgrade to an enhanced level of Membership. Further details of the cancellation procedure are set out below.
5. Treatment not covered by a particular Membership will be paid for at the time of treatment.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, no pathology costs are covered by any Membership schemes.
7. While a Standard Health check is included in the Medical and Combined Membership packages there may be further tests requested as a result of this health check which may, following discussion with the Member, incur additional charges.
8. Child Members can only be accepted if a parent or legal guardian is also a Member. A child is defined as any person aged under 18yrs. Child Membership status will change to adult status when a child reaches 18 at which stage they will be required to become a Full Member and complete a Membership Application Form in their own right.
9. Monthly Child Membership fees will be paid via their parents’ or guardians’ Direct Debit at the same time. Additional treatment costs are to be paid for at the time of treatment.
10. Members must give written notice to the Clinic of any change of address. Failing such notice, all communications shall be presumed to have been received within five days of the postmarked date.
11. Members will be advised of any increase in Membership fees if this occurs.
12. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable, unless there is a written agreement to the contrary.
13. Members will be charged £150 in respect of any GP appointment and full value for any other practitioner appointment for which they do not attend the Clinic without at least 24 hours’ notice of cancellation or rearrangement to the Clinic.
14. A one-time administration fee will be charged to any Member that is given written dispensation by The Smart Clinics to transfer their Membership to another person and the administration fee will be calculated at the sole discretion of The Smart Clinics.
15. An administration fee of £20 may be charged to a Member whose monthly Direct Debit is rejected. Additionally, any payments or amounts due which are not made on the date that they become due shall attract interest at the rate of 3% above the base rate of the Company’s bankers, Barclays Bank (GB), from the date the payment is due until the date that it is received by the Company. Members indemnify the Company against all expenses and legal costs (on a solicitor client basis) incurred by the Company in recovering overdue amounts.
16. A Member can only hold one type of Membership at any one time but may upgrade their Membership at any time in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out herein, but, in order to prevent abuse, alterations to members’ schemes which would result in a reduction in the fees payable are not permitted within the Initial Period of Membership.
17. A full price list of all aspects of treatment not covered by Membership plans is available from The Smart Clinics upon request at any time.
18. Prescription-writing and repeat prescriptions are free of charge to Medical, Dental and Combined Members. For the avoidance of doubt, however, the cost of medications prescribed is not covered by any of the Membership schemes.
19. Although Members may use the GP telephone consultation service they should understand that the GPs may require a face to face consultation in line with their clinical judgement in order to make satisfactory and safe diagnoses and provide clinically appropriate advice. In the interests of continuously improving our service to our Members, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored.
20. At all times, the Company reserves the right to refuse an application for Membership from any applicant in its sole discretion.
21. The Company will try to keep you informed of developments and changes in the Company’s membership schemes, products and services, but if Members do not wish to receive information from the Company the Member should inform The Smart Clinics of their communication preferences.
22. Save as explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions all warranties, conditions and other terms (whether implied by statute or otherwise) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits the liability of the Company for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence.
24. Subject to anything to the contrary in these Terms and Conditions, the Company will not be liable to the Client in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise for any: a. economic loss of any kind (including, without limitation, loss of use, profit, anticipated profit, business, contracts, overhead recovery, revenue or anticipated savings); or b. any damage to the Client’s reputation or goodwill; or c. any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
25. Subject to the provision of these Terms and Conditions the Company’s total liability in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the performance of services in accordance with the Membership will be limited to the price paid or payable in respect of the Membership. The provisions of this paragraph and those of paragraphs 24, 25 and 26 shall survive the termination or expiry (for whatever reason) of the Member’s membership.
26. A person who is not a party to the Contract will have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms & Conditions will be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
27. Credits for icons go to:
Smartlife. The proactive, preventative approach to healthcare.
Smartlife. The proactive, preventative approach to healthcare.
1b Hollywood Road